R for Data Science is our first course of the autumn term. It takes place in October 4-5 in a location close to Milano Lima.
If you want to deepen your data analysis knowledge using the most modern R tools, or you want to figure out if R is the right solution for you, this is the your class. This course is for people that are willing to learn about R and would like to get an overview of its capabilities for data science or those that have very little knowledge of R.
R for Data Science Outline
– A bit of R history and online resources
– R and R-Studio installation and configuration
– Your first R session
– Your first R markdown document
– R objects: data and functions
– Data import from external sources: excel and database connection
– Data manipulation with tidyverse
– Tidy data with tidyr
– Data visualization using ggplot
– An overview of statistical models and data mining with R
The course is for max 6 attendees.
R for Data Science is organized by the R training and consulting company Quantide and is taught in Italian, while all the course materials are in English.
The course location is 550 mt. (7 minutes on walk) from Milano central station and just 77 mt. (1 minute on walk) from Lima subway station.
If you want to reserve a seat go to: FAQ, detailed program and tickets.
Other R courses | Autumn term
You can find an overview of all our courses here. Next dates will be:
- October 11-12: Statistics for Data Science. Develop a wide variety of statistical models with R, from the simplest Linear Regression to the most sophisticated GLM models. Reserve now!
- October 25-26: Machine Learning with R. Find patterns in large data sets using the R tools for Dimensionality Reduction, Clustering, Classification and Prediction. Reserve now!
- November 7-8: Data Visualization and Dashboard with R. Show the story behind your data: create beautiful effective visualizations and interactive Shiny dashboards. Reserve now!
- November 21-22: R with Database and Big Data. From databases to distributed infrastructure, master the R techniques to handle and query Big Data. Reserve now!
- November 29-30: Professional R Programming. Organise, document and test your code: write efficient functions, improve the code reproducibility and build R packages. Reserve now!
In case you are a group of people interested in more than one class, write us at training[at]quantide[dot]com! We can arrange together a tailor-made course, picking all the topics that are interesting for your organization and dropping the rest.
R-bloggers.com offers daily e-mail updates about R news and tutorials on topics such as: Data science, Big Data, R jobs, visualization (ggplot2, Boxplots, maps, animation), programming (RStudio, Sweave, LaTeX, SQL, Eclipse, git, hadoop, Web Scraping) statistics (regression, PCA, time series, trading) and more…